Global Vision International
Global Vision International (GVI) was formed in 1997 to provide support and services to international charities, non-profits, and governmental agencies through volunteering opportunities, internship programs, training, and direct funding. They send more than 3,000 volunteers to over 100 programs around the world.
GVI is committed to its volunteers and partners by offering safe, responsible travel experiences, training, and more. More than 70% of their volunteer contributions are spent directly in the field.
- Kenya Dolphin Research
- Kenya Primate Research
- Costa Rica Jaguar Research
- Yucatan Sea Turtle Research
Making A Difference
GVI supports dozens of environmental organizations, community groups, and governmental agencies through their volunteer programs. Their programs offer deep cultural immersion and opportunities to build career skills while supporting wildlife conservation and community development.
- Typically 60-70% of volunteer contributions go directly to the project.
- The GVI Charitable Trust has raised more than $1,500,000 in donations for their partners.
- GVI uses local suppliers and businesses.
- They use sustainable practices in project operations including recycling, plastic reduction practices, and more.
- They will have carbon offsetting programs at all of their projects by 2015.
- Volunteers are trained to learn about local customs and norms.
- Their programs help to educate and train local residents and employ local staff.
- Their National Scholarship Programme offers training for local residents and helps to build capacity for local organizations.