Mexico has some of the world’s best opportunities to see wildlife. From Baja’s friendly gray whales, to snorkeling with whale sharks in the Caribbean, and sea turtles on both coasts, you can find an endless variety of unique activities.
Many areas of Mexico are safe to visit and are a short flight from major US cities. Millions of Americans come to the country every year with no problems and the US State Department recently declared the top tourist areas safe, including our primary spots: Baja California Sur and the Yucatan Peninsula. More details from the State Department.
Visit Mexico with SEEtheWILD
- Sea Turtle Research & Kayaking - Help researchers study green turtles and explore Baja's Magdalena Bay
- Gray Whales & Sea Turtle Research - Meet Baja's friendly gray whales and participate in turtle research
- Snorkel with Whale Sharks at Isla Mujeres - Snokel with gentle whale sharks in the Yucatan's Caribbean
- Sea Turtles & Whale Sharks - Visit a green turtle nesting beach and swim with whale sharks in the Yucatan Peninsula
- Yucatan Sea Turtle Volunteering - Spend a couple of weeks patrolling a green turtle nesting beach with local researchers
At least 5% of the cost of every trip goes to local wildlife conservation programs. Our trips to Mexico benefit RED Sustainable Travel, Flora, Fauna y Cultura, and ECOCEAN.
Learn about the Baja sea turtle conservation sites our SEE Turtles program supports:
What Is SEEtheWILD?
We're a non-profit organization that promotes conservation travel through wildlife tours that help protect endangered species. We work with quality tour operators who have passed our criteria to ensure low environmental impact. We're part of The Ocean Foundation.
Contact us to learn more about visiting Mexico.