Costa Rica Ecotourism
Adventure, Family, & Volunteer Tours
SEEtheWILD offers a variety of Costa Rica vacations that offer something for every traveler. In this Central American paradise, you can choose from volunteer trips to work with animals like sea turtles or jaguars or explore the incomparable Osa Peninsula. Read below for information on our wildlife tours.
SEEtheWILD Costa Rica Ecotours
- Leatherback Turtle Volunteer Vacation - Spend 5 nights working to protect these giant reptiles on the Caribbean coast
- Ultimate Wildlife Adventure - Visit the Osa Peninsula to see whales, sea turtles, macaws, and hike with a jaguar researcher
- Jaguar Volunteer Research Expedition - Spend two weeks studying these amazing cats in Tortuguero National Park
- Cocos Island Shark & Sea Turtle Research - Take a once-in-a-lifetime diving trip to one of the world's best coral reefs
Why Ecotourism in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is one of the birthplaces of ecotourism with its huge numbers of species, great system of protected areas, and tourism infrastructure. Here's why:
- Its safe! There is a stable government, strong police presence, and friendly people.
- Incredible wildlife: 25% of the country is protected including national parks, protected areas, and wildlife refuges. The Costa Rican Institute of Biodiversity estimates that the country has 4-5% of the world’s biodiversity.
- Great health care: The country has a good system of health clinics and hospitals.
- Scientific research: Many leading biological research stations have facilities here and many programs train budding biologists and conservationists.
- Good infrastructure: Costa Rica has a great system of buses, the roads are in good shape (or improving), and there are options for accommodations from rustic to luxury.
Volunteer with A Conservation Project
Our project SEE Turtles connects volunteers with turtle conservation organizations that offer longer-term volunteer programs (at least one week) and 2-3 month research assistant positions. Learn about volunteer work with sea turtles.
Read about Costa Rica Turtle Trips on our WildBlog:
Costa Rica Sea Turtles Sites
Our SEE Turtles project connects travelers and volunteers with Costa Rica sea turtle sites:
What Is SEEtheWILD?
We're a non-profit organization that promotes conservation travel through wildlife tours that help protect endangered species. We work with quality tour operators who have passed our criteria to ensure low environmental impact. We're part of The Ocean Foundation.
Contact us with any questions about Costa Rica ecotourism.